Obviously since these guys are in the NBA they’re athletic, but it takes more than athleticism for someone to be able to play two sports. There are certain skill sets that guys have that make them so great. There’s definitely a handful of guys in the NBA that could probably make it in the NFL. Let’s take a look at five of my picks:
1. LeBron James – dude is 6’8″ 250 lbs and can run a 4.4 forty. He’s got great hands, great instincts, and is one of the best all-around athletes in the world. He could probably play any position, but I’d have him at tight end.
2. Dwight Howard – he’s even bigger than LeBron but is built the same way. I think Howard could do some serious damage as a defensive end.
3. Kobe Bryant – Kobe would be an incredible target for a quarterback…he’s tall, can jump, and has great hands. It’d be interesting to see what he could do at wide receiver.
4. DeAndre Jordan – a 6’11″ big man for the Clippers, I can see Jordan being a productive lineman in the NFL. Can you imagine those long arms in the path of a pass?
5. Blake Griffin – with height and ups like Griffin, he’d be a terrifying safety to have in your secondary. I don’t see much getting past him. He could probably deliver a hard hit too.