If you are like me, you are somewhere where it is cold and wet at least part of the year. Also, if you are like me you can’t cook anything that hasn’t already been cooked and just needs warming. Sad I know, but fear not bro! (heh heh that rhymes) Soletron is about to slap you in the face with some recipes that will help you tame the weather and add to your very limited cookingÂ repertoire. Here is a recipe for a half-hour chili that will make your mom proud.
What You Need:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
How to make it happen:
Cook the hamburger mean in a large pot (kitchen pot not 4/20 pot) until it is all the way brown.
Drain off all the greasy nastiness
Add Onion and Garlic and continue cooking until they look thin and kinda see-through
Dump the rest of that crap in there, crank the stove down a few notches until its between medium and low (this is called simmering guys). Keep it there for the an entire episode of Family Guy (make sure to stir in between cut scenes) and BOOM! DONE! Serve it up bro!
Image Source: Google