This NFL offseason has gotten more attention than I can remember others getting. Between free agency, the NFL combine, and the draft, there hasn’t been a shortage of conversation. Lots of teams have made serious moves to better their club. Let’s take a look at my top 5…
1. Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs have done a lot this offseason to improve their team. New head coach, new quarterback, new possibilities. With a quality starting quarterback, Dwayne Bowe finally has someone to throw to him. This team has made a lot of changes for the better, and we’ll be seeing some more W’s in Kansas City.
2. Seattle Seahawks. The Seahawks were already a playoff team, but one thing they were missing was a dangerous receiver. After acquiring Percy Harvin, the Seahawks now have that weapon. A team with a potent offense, and an even scarier defense will pick up right where they left off.
3. Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons addressed an issue that may have held them from the Super Bowl last year. A force in the backfield. The Falcons signed Steven Jackson, a free agent from the Rams. Jackson is a more versatile runningback than Michael Turner was, and still has a lot left in his tank. If the Falcons can manage to get some difference-makers on defense, this could be a Super Bowl team.
4. Denver Broncos. Even though the Broncos let Elvis Dumervil slip through their fingertips, the Broncos still make this list. They picked up long-time Patriot, Wes Welker, and add a dangerous target for Peyton Manning. The Broncos will continue to get better, which is a scary thought for the AFC.
5. Baltimore Ravens. Some people might look at this and think I’m crazy, but the Ravens have played a smart offseason. Although losing a great deal of superstars, the Ravens have made a lot of room for their salary cap and picked up the highly coveted, Elvis Dumervil. With a smart draft, the Ravens could be sitting pretty.